BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, June 5, 2011

My Shopping List!!! and My thoughts on Extreme Couponing

Hello, it has been a long time. First of all, I would like to talk about the television program, Extreme Couponing. These people spend about 30-60 hours a week to see how they can spend less money. For example, there was this one girl who bought $600 worth of stuff and only spent $50! What really caught my eye is when she was buying some Revlon nail polishes. The Revlon nail polishes were 2 for 1 price. Then on her card she gets $1 off. Along with that, she had a 50 cent off coupon. In the end, all the Revlon nail polishes were FREE!!! Nothing is better thaan free. I have come to the resolution that from now on I will aslo use coupons to spend less on $5 or even $13 makeup. Now let us get on with the Shopping List.

So it is summer in 17 days, and I have still not updated my skincare regimen. I also have plans to lose some weight with one of my friends, restore my original skin color, and grow out my hair. Below I have a list of everything that tanned skin or any skin could use this summer. I'm the type of person who already has tanned skin so instead I become darker and never revert back, so I have plans to go out in the sun and still even out my skin. Enought with my rambling. Let's get onto the actual list.

Shopping List:
1. African Lightening Soap with 2% or less hydroquinone
As I was saying, I get darker during the summer. Plus sunscreen only protects you from UV rays not rays that cause pigmentation. In order to even out my tans and keep myself the same color, it is a necessity to use a lightening soap twice a day. You can purchase this at African Beauty Stores.

2. Spring Valley Hair, Skin & Nails Collagen Support Vitamins
I mentioned that I would like to get my hair to grow. To tell you the truth, I use to have long hair, but I cut it one day and it never really grew back. Then I got a relaxer, but the lady kept burning my scalp because she leaves in for like 20 minutes, so now my mom TEXTURIZES my hair. Big difference right there. I moisturize my scalp every day and I moisturize intensely once a week. In order to increase the rate of my hair to grow, I thought it would be nice to buy some vitamins. I also have splitting and peeling nails, so I thought it would be nice to strengthen my nails also.

3. Spring Valley Super B-Complex Vitamins
Along with the beauty vitamins, I would like to take some B-Complex vitamins to speed up the process and increase my metabolism. By increasing my metabolism, I can burn fat quicker. This will work out with all the biking, jogging, sprinting, swimming, weights, and casthenics that I will be doing.

4. Neutrogena Deep Clean Invigorating Foam Scrub
I mentioned that I haven't updated my skincare regimen so I decided to purchase this scrub. Have I tried it? Nope. It was recommended to me and I want something that will give me the feeling of sensation. I strictly believe in using a facial scrub once a week since my skin can sometimes be a bit sensitive.

5. Biore 4-in-1 Revitalizing Self-Foaming Cleanser
I actually used to have this, but I ran out. I really liked it for summer since I need some FOAM! I have combination/oily skin, but it becomes really oily during summertime. This really refreshes my skin and I loved this. I plan to buy it again.

6. Biore Ultra Deep Cleansing Pore Strips
I have also bought this before, and I really loved them. After I removed the strip, I saw all the dirt and blackheads. I usually have enlarged pores high up my cheeks near my nose and the corners of my nose. It was $7.99 I believe, but this was being sold for buy 1 get 1 free. I also got the Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub once again. However the second time around I didn't like it as much as I did the first time.

7. Olay Complete Moisturizer
Well, I had this but ran out so just picking up another with SPF 15. Gotta protect yourself from those UV Rays.

8. Pucker Ups Lip Balm in Pomegranate
I have seem to misplace my EOS Lip Balm. Doesn't matter since it can really irritate my lips sometimes since I have sensitive lips. My lips also dry out real easy, so I'm buying my alltime favorite Pucker Ups Lip Balm with Aloe and Vitamin E. It comes in a range of flavors. I usually get Watermelon but I am going to get Pomegranate next. Btw they contain sunscreen and keep your lips supple and moisturized.

9. NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Tea Rose, Dolly Pink, Beige, or Smokey Look
I've been trying to get a hold of these lip glosses since forever, so I AM GETTING THEM :determined: !!! I love these colors since they are creamy pinks, with one bright fuschia, and one nude lip gloss. Perfect colors for really any look.

10. NYC Liquid Lip Shine Rivington Rose, Brighton Beach Peach, or Midtown Mulberry
I actually remember buying these. I have one in Dusty Rose from the old formula. It was loaded with shimmer and super sticky. It also has this weird smell even though I loved the color. They re-formulated this product and made it less sticky according to emilynoel83, so I would like to get my hands on one once again. Let's just hope it is better than my first purchase of it. I am really happy about Wet n Wild and NYC reformulating their products. Nice job guys.

11. Revlon Colorburst Lipsticks in Mauve, Blush, Rosy Nude, or Peach
I already have this lipstick in Soft Rose. I love these. Even my friend who hates lipsticks liked this lipstick. I had my eye on a few more colors, so yeah.

12. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Eden (new package)
So if you heard UD has new packaging that get rids of the problem of not being able to get all the primer out of the bottom of the bottle, so now they have the infamous SQUEEZE tube. If I can't get this, I'll pick up Palladio Herbal Eyeshadow Primer.

13. Covergirl LashBlast Luxe
Everyone knows of Lash Blast and I ran out of mascara so I have to repurchase a new one. I, however, want something that volumizes my eyes with something like a shimmering effect, so I thought it would be best to buy this for the new school year.

14. Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow in Designer Chocolates, Charcoal Smokes & Emerald Smokes
Okay, I have bought this in two colors. I have this in Chai Latte and Lavender Fields however my Lavender Fields pigments broke so I don't use it, but I use Chai Latte ALL the time and I mean it literally. I always wanted to buy more of this. I can't wait to get my hand on more of these. Go ahead and pick some up.

That is it for my shopping list. Thanks for reading!! :D

Edited 6/14 - I decided to get Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser instead. I got it already along with Neutrogena Deep Clean Invigorating Foam Scrub and the Super B-Complex Vitamins. ;)

0 comments: